Now more than ever, you have to feel comfortable in your home. Break the routine and enjoy decorating it. Staying at home doesn't need to be boring, discover the effects of color.
1. Warm colors like yellows, pinks, oranges and reds move towards your eye and can often make a room feel smaller. These colors can also be really psychologically stimulating.
2. Cool colors such as blues, greens and purples move away from your eye and will make a room feel larger and can be psychologically calming and relaxing, the complete opposite effect of warm colors.
3. Color intensity has its own effect, for example, pale colors, both warm and cool, such as pastels, are calming and relaxing, while strong, deep colors, both warm and cool, are exciting and stimulating.
4. Trendy dark colors such as charcoal gray, dark green, deep navy blue and even black can be used in a very small room because dark colors have the effect of smudging the edges and corners of the room, creating less definition and the illusion of chasm. Light, light and bright colors will define the edges of a room and show the actual size of the room.
5. Distinctive colored walls are no longer in fashion, however, if you love the look, it is possible to cheat a little by repeating the color in the room. This can be done by using the feature wall color in cushions, rugs, wall art, curtains/blinds and ceramics. This way, the feature wall color will feel more connected to the whole scheme.
6. If you use naturally pigmented paint instead of synthetic colors, there should be no limits as to what color to use for a particular room. Natural light will look for the optimal shades in the natural color to complement the room and its appearance.